Air purifiers have become increasingly popular in recent years as people have become more aware of the importance of clean air for their health and well-being. These devices are designed to filter out air pollutants and contaminants, improving the air quality in a given space. Home air purifiers can be particularly beneficial in homes where we spend a lot of time, and indoor air pollution is often higher than outdoor air pollution.
There are several reasons why air purifiers are needed in homes. Firstly, indoor air pollution can be caused by various sources such as dust, pet dander, pollen, mold spores, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted from household products and building materials. These pollutants can harm our health, particularly those with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions. Using an air purifier can effectively remove these particles and pollutants from the air, reducing the risk of respiratory issues and improving indoor air quality.
Secondly, air purifiers can help eliminate odors and unpleasant smells in the home. Cooking smells, tobacco smoke, and pet odors can linger in indoor spaces and make the environment less pleasant. Air purifiers equipped with activated carbon filters can effectively trap and neutralize these odors, leaving the air smelling fresh and clean. Air purifiers are crucial in improving indoor air quality and creating a healthier living environment.
By removing pollutants, allergens, and odors from the air, room air purifiers can help reduce the risk of respiratory problems and create a more comfortable and pleasant living space. Investing in a good air purifier for your home is a wise choice to ensure your and your family's well-being.
Understanding Air Purifiers
An air purifier is a device that helps to improve the indoor air quality by removing impurities and contaminants from the air. It is especially useful in spaces where the air quality is poor, such as homes located in highly polluted areas or those with smokers or pets. Air purifiers work by using various technologies to capture and eliminate pollutants in the air.
One of the most common types of air purifiers is a mechanical filter-based purifier. These purifiers use a fan to draw in air and pass it through a filter that traps particles like dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores. The filter can be made of materials like fiberglass, HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air), or activated carbon. HEPA filters are highly efficient in capturing small particles, making them ideal for people with allergies or asthma.
Another type of air purifier is the electrostatic precipitator. This technology uses an electric charge to attract and collect particles onto plates or filters. The charged particles are then removed from the air when they stick to the plates or filters. Electrostatic precipitators are effective in removing larger particles but may not be as efficient in capturing smaller particles.
Some air purifiers use UV (ultraviolet) light to kill bacteria and viruses in the air. These purifiers typically have a UV lamp that emits short-wave ultraviolet light to destroy microorganisms. UV purifiers are commonly used in healthcare settings to prevent the spread of airborne diseases.
Activated carbon filters are also used in air purifiers to remove odors and chemical pollutants from the air. The porous structure of activated carbon traps these substances, preventing them from circulating in the indoor environment. Air purifiers are essential devices for maintaining clean and healthy indoor air. They work by using various technologies such as mechanical filtration, electrostatic precipitation, UV light, and activated carbon.
The choice of air purifier depends on the specific needs and requirements of the space, such as allergies, odors, or chemical pollutants.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Air Purifier
When it comes to choosing the right air purifier for your home, there are several factors to consider.
- Size of the Room: The size of the room where the air purifier will be used is an important factor to consider. A larger room requires a more powerful air purifier that can effectively clean the air in a shorter amount of time. Look for an air purifier that has a high Air Changes per Hour (ACH) rate, which measures how many times the air in the room is exchanged and cleaned within an hour.
- Type of Filters:There are three main types of filters used in air purifiers: HEPA, activated carbon, and ionic. HEPA filters are the most effective at removing dust, pollen, and other particles as small as 0.3 microns. Activated carbon filters are better at removing odors and gases, while ionic filters use negative ions to attract and trap pollutants. Look for an air purifier that uses a combination of these filters for maximum effectiveness. For example, a HEPA filter combined with an activated carbon filter can provide comprehensive coverage against both particles and gases.
- Air Changes per Hour (ACH) Rate: The ACH rate measures how many times the air in a room is exchanged and cleaned within an hour. This is an important metric to consider because it indicates how effective the air purifier is at removing pollutants from the air. A higher ACH rate means that the air purifier can clean the air in the room more quickly and effectively. Look for an air purifier with an ACH rate of at least 4-6 changes per hour for a typical-sized room.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) Rating: The CADR rating measures the air purifier's ability to remove pollutants from the air. It takes into account the volume of air that the purifier can clean and the number of pollutants it can remove. Look for an air purifier with a high CADR rating to ensure it can handle the air quality in your home.
- Noise Level: If you plan to use the air purifier in your bedroom, it's important to consider the noise level. Look for an air purifier that operates quietly so it won't disrupt your sleep. Some air purifiers have a sleep mode setting that reduces the fan speed and noise level, making them ideal for use in bedrooms. Look for an air purifier with a decibel rating of 30 or lower to ensure it won't disturb your sleep.
- Energy Consumption: Energy consumption is an important consideration when choosing an air purifier. Look for an energy-efficient model that won't break the bank on your electricity bill. Some air purifiers have an Energy Star certification, which means they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Look for an air purifier with an Energy Star rating to ensure it's energy efficient.
- Cost and Availability of Replacement Filters: Finally, consider the cost and availability of replacement filters. Some air purifiers require frequent filter replacements, which can add up over time. Look for a model with affordable and easily available filters to make maintenance easier and less expensive. It's also important to check the manufacturer's recommended replacement schedule for the filters. Some filters may need to be replaced every 3-6 months, while others may last up to a year. Plan ahead and budget accordingly to ensure you can maintain your air purifier properly.
Best Air Purifiers for Home
According to the World Health Organization, more than 90% of the global population lives in areas where the air quality exceeds the WHO guidelines. Exposure to air pollutants can cause various health issues, such as respiratory infections, asthma, allergies, cardiovascular diseases, and even cancer.
One way to protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects of air pollution is to use an air purifier at home. An air purifier is a device that removes contaminants from the air, such as dust, pollen, smoke, odors, bacteria, viruses, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). By using an air purifier, you can improve the indoor air quality and breathe easier.
But how to select air purifier for home? There are many factors to consider, such as the size, features, performance, and price of the air purifier. To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of some of the best air purifiers available in the market.
Voltas Air Purifiers
Voltas, with expertise in air conditioning and cooling technology offers a range of air purifiers that use 6-stage filtration to remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants, including PM 2.5, bacteria, viruses, and VOCs. Voltas air purifiers also feature a dust sensor, an air quality indicator, a filter change indicator, and a touch control panel.
Here are some of the Voltas air purifiers that you can buy online from their website:
Voltas VAP55TWV Air Purifier- This is the most advanced model from Voltas, with a coverage area of 55 square meters and a CADR (clean air delivery rate) of 400 cubic meters per hour. It has a sleek and elegant design, with a white body and a black front panel. It also has a remote control and a timer function for convenience. Some of the features of this air purifier are:
- Pre-filter: This is the first layer of filtration that captures large particles, such as hair, dust, and pet dander.
- Activated carbon filter: This is the second layer of filtration that absorbs odors, gases, and VOCs, such as formaldehyde, benzene, and ammonia.
- Anti-bacterial filter: This is the third layer of filtration that kills bacteria and viruses, such as E. coli, staphylococcus, and influenza.
- H-13 HEPA filter: This is the fourth layer of filtration that traps fine particles, such as PM 2.5, pollen, mold spores, and allergens.
- UVC LED: This is the fifth layer of filtration that uses ultraviolet light to sterilize the air and destroy any remaining microorganisms.
- Ionizer: This is the sixth and final layer of filtration that releases negative ions to freshen the air and neutralize any positive ions.
The Pros of this air purifier are:
- It has a high CADR and a large coverage area, making it suitable for big rooms and offices.
- It has a 6-stage filtration system that ensures a thorough and effective purification of the air.
- It has a remote control and a timer function that allow you to adjust the settings and schedule the operation of the air purifier.
The Cons of this air purifier are:
- It is the most expensive model from Voltas, with an air purifier price of ₹29,990 on their website.
- It is relatively noisy, with a noise level of 55 decibels on the highest speed setting.
To buy Voltas air purifiers online, you can visit their website. If you are wondering what is the best home air purifier or which is the best air purifier for home, you can compare the features and Voltas Air Purifier price to buy air purifier as per your requirements.
In conclusion, choosing an air purifier for home use is a critical decision that should not be taken lightly. With the increasing levels of air pollution, both indoors and outdoors, it's essential to invest in a device that can keep the air in our homes clean and free from harmful pollutants. While there are many options available in the market, Voltas air purifiers stand out as best air purifier for home in India for their quality, reliability, and affordability.
As discussed earlier, there are several factors to consider when thinking how to choose best air purifier, such as the size of the room, type of filters, ACH rate, CADR rating, noise level, energy consumption, and cost and availability of replacement filters. By taking these factors into account and considering the features and benefits of Voltas air purifiers, you can make an informed decision about best air purifier in India and find the perfect air purifier for your home.
At Voltas, we understand the importance of clean air and its impact on our health. That's why we offer a range of air purifiers that cater to different needs and budgets. Our air purifiers use 6-stage filtration, including pre-filter, activated carbon filter, anti-bacterial filter, H-13 HEPA filter, UVC LED, and ionizer, to remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants, including PM 2.5, bacteria, viruses, and VOCs. We also offer a variety of models with different coverage areas and CADRs, so you can choose the one that suits your needs.Our air purifiers are designed to provide you with peace of mind, knowing that the air in your home is clean and safe to breathe. With features like remote control, timer function, and air quality indicators, our air purifiers are convenient to use and monitor. Plus, our affordable prices and easy maintenance make them a smart investment for any homeowner who cares about their health and well-being. So if you're wonderding on how to purify air in home and a reliable and effective air purifier for your home, look no further than Voltas. Browse our range of air purifiers today and take the first step towards cleaner, healthier air for you and your loved ones.
For more comprehensive guide on Air Purifier, checkout this blog - Air Purifiers Comprehensive Guide: Types, Benefits & Selection